Recipe Management Software
When you look for , you should understand the importance of and choose a system that works for your . Find that easily stores, retrieves, and organizes recipes, is tailored to restaurants, and calculates your costs. In this page, we will discuss how to manage and organize your recipes, benefits of the right , what to look for, and an overview of MarketMan as a complete solution.
What is ?
is the process of standardizing recipes for items, as well as managing the associated costs. For a to succeed, it's important to monitor your recipes, ensure that they are consistent across multiple employees and locations, and control costs for each dish. Managing, creating, and adjusting recipes is crucial for a to lower costs and maximize profits.
How to Organize Your Recipes
The first step towards effectively managing your recipes is finding a good way to organize your recipes. If you have disorganized recipes, your process slows down as kitchen workers scramble to search for the right way to make dishes. When recipes aren't easily accessible, you lose time, labor, and money in the back-of-house. And if you don't have standard recipes written down, your business can't operate when key chefs aren't there. Your dishes are not consistently made, which affects your brand reputation and customer satisfaction.
There are many ways to organize and increase the visibility of your recipes. You can separate and log your recipes by categories, such as by main ingredients or of ingredients (meat, fish, vegetables, pasta), or by groups on your (appetizers, comfort foods, entrees, desserts, etc.). The next step is finding the best place to store your recipes for easy access.
There are many different methods and tools that owners, managers, and chefs can use to organize, store, and manage their recipes.
You can resort to Excel, paper binders, and notecards to store recipes. However, paper solutions are easily misplaced, costly, and not secure. It also takes time to fumble through binders and stacks of paper to locate the you need at any given moment. Paper can't be easily updated and shared across your organization. Paper and Excel solutions also don't give you real-time and automated calculations.
You can use some simple organizational tools or , and provide the nutritional value of each dish. However, your average or site has limited functionality, is usually tailored for individuals instead of restaurants, and does not offer capabilities to calculate costs. apps or . Some apps or sites allow you to record, store, and retrieve recipes and give you the ability to convert web and print recipes to text. Some apps give you features such as the ability to create a shopping or , make a
Finally, you can use a full-fledged solution such as MarketMan, which contains a . This gives you a secure central repository to store your data and an automation system to calculate your costs for each . You can easily find and locate recipes with search and filter capabilities. And you can monitor your costs to ensure your don't cut into your margins and your items remain profitable.
Think of it as a , where recipes can be stored and updated, and can be tracked in real time.
Benefits of a
There are many more benefits to choosing and having an effective system:
- Protect confidential information: Your is unique and perhaps you would like to keep them a secret. With a cloud-based system, your recipes are stored in a secure environment. Even if your files are stolen or found by a third party, your information is password protected and can't be accessed without permissions.
- Ensure brand consistency: and is easy with a solution. Multi-unit chains can and standardize them easily through one central . A ensures that and taste is consistent across different locations and chefs. This increases your customer satisfaction and brand loyalty. Customers know to expect the same great culinary experience every time they visit.
- Create standard processes: With , the same processes are used to prepare your every time. So if you are missing key chefs or employees, you still have the information to keep your business operating without interruption. And standard prep times keeps and at all your restaurants streamlined, thereby increasing your table turnover.
- Stay compliant: A good solution will allow you to store information for each and , which helps you stay compliant with guidelines and be transparent with your customers.
- Help with : When you use is more accurate through real-time updates. You are able to streamline your process and reduce costs. to manage your recipes, your
- Minimize wastage: A central solution indicates the amount of raw material needed for your recipes. Since you have standard quantities, you know just the right amount of stock to order and can minimize waste.
- Update recipes easily: When you have feedback on certain raw materials in your dishes, you'll want to change ingredients and update your recipes. allows you to quickly and easily change for a single or or make a new across all your locations in just one click.
: What to Look For
When searching for the right solution for your business, you'll want to find one that is accurate, reliable, and easy to use. The best solution will contain all the benefits described above.
You want to search for an intuitive solution that is easy to learn with excellent support staff. You also want to find a solution that is granular and flexible with your units of measurement, automatically translates quantities for you, and calculates your costs through , also known as .
Finally, you want to look for a solution that has , procurement, and other capabilities, and is integrated with your accounting and POS systems. You will then have one seamless back-of-house system for your .
MarketMan - Your Complete Solution
MarketMan is the industry's ideal solution for , containing all the benefits described above and more. Here are some of the features that MarketMan offers as a :
MarketMan gives you a complete item-by-item cost breakdown for each dish on your , allowing you to develop recipes that work with your budget. This breakdown can be sorted and filtered. You can also record sub-recipes and preparations- in in .
You can check in real-time, identify costly ingredients, receive notifications when items become unprofitable, and integrate price tracking for raw materials from your vendors. With MarketMan, you have a top-to-bottom understanding of what your plate costs are and can determine how to reduce costs. You can be much more proactive about managing your margins and keeping costs for in line with your targets.
You can calculate and itemize plate costs that drive actionable results, receive valuable insights that provide visibility, and determine pricing to reduce waste and costs.
MarketMan's cookbook is a central hub that lists all ingredients, portion sizes, cooking instructions, and images for each on your . Once you build or import recipes into MarketMan, they will be automatically populated into your cookbook. The cookbook is accessible across all devices. You can also do responsive search and filter by category to easily find the you need. The cookbook serves as a powerful reference tool.
The cookbook also contains a printable training manual for processes and presentations. It includes a description, ingredients, procedures, prep times, allergens, and images for each dish. It can be used for employee education and training, to manage portion sizes, standardize recipes and procedures, and eliminate across your enterprise, and serve as a single central repository for .
The cookbook organizes recipes in a clear, easy-to-follow way, gives your kitchen all the information they need, and creates consistency your customers can rely on.
MarketMan's information is synced across all dishes that use that item, and is populated in the cookbook. For example, you can add a "dairy" tag to cheese so that whenever cheese shows up in a , the will be associated with it. Users may also limit who can edit info with permissions. tool provides easy traceability of allergens for each on your . It allows you to tag and denote which ingredients and items contain (or may contain) specific allergens. Once indicated on the product level,
The tool provides accountability, compliance (especially with EU standards), and transparency, safety, and responsibility for your customers.
All in all, MarketMan is the best choice for you to manage your recipes and that automates a 's back-of-house processes and is integrated with accounting and POS systems. It contains capabilities, , vendor , receiving and ordering, invoice scanning, dynamic reports, and more. costs. And MarketMan does more than just manage your recipes. It's a full life-cycle Schedule a demo today to learn more about how MarketMan can help your .